To Get to the View
September 2, 2026
As you can see by the look on my face in the photo above, I
suffer from acrophobia (fear of heights).
So why on Day 15 of this trip did I climb the 60-foot tower
at the top of Rib Mountain in Wisconsin? I thought the view would be worth it.
The jury is still out on that one.
This tower is nine years older than me and didn’t seem
nearly as stable as Eagle Tower in Peninsula State Park which was built just
five years ago. That tower was built solid. And that view of Green Bay was
stunning!
Rib Mountain is impressive as it is one of the oldest
geological formations on earth. At almost 2,000 feet above sea level, it is the
third highest point in Wisconsin. But those stairs and minimal railings going
up the tower? I’m glad I made it up there and back down. . . once. And once is
enough for me.
We did have an enjoyable lunch on the way back down the
mountain. We pulled off the road at a ski lift that was closed for the season
and had chicken salad sandwiches in the van.
We then made our way to Eau Claire for the night, stopping
at a sporting goods store to upgrade our camping chairs. More on that in
another post.
The next day I got my passport stamped! Keep following to
find out which passport!



No comments:
Post a Comment