Monday, August 31, 2026


 

Unexpected Pleasure

August 28, 2026

Sometimes when we’re traveling, we get a wild hair to do something different. Like when we were in South Dakota and decided to pivot through Wyoming and see the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. What fun that was! And on Day 11 of this trip, we did it again!

Neither of us had been to Milwaukee’s American Family Field so we went to see the Brewers play the Mariners. It was too bad they weren’t playing the Cardinals, but it was still a baseball game at a cool stadium.

After a little frustration figuring out the parking app and then at the gate trying to negotiate the online ticket system, we finally made it to our seats. And they were very nice seats indeed! Right above the announcer’s booth!

Terry was in baseball heaven!

And I was pretty happy as well because my favorite Cardinal player from last year is now a Mariner. Too bad he cut his hair. He just didn’t look the same, wearing a different color and having lost his beautiful locks. But I silently cheered for him anyway (I was sitting next to a true Brewer’s fan that I didn’t want to upset) and he had three hits!

During the last Cards game we attended, several foul balls came fairly close to us so of course I googled the seats we were going to be in to see if we needed to be as alert. I found out it would be rare, so I relaxed about that.

Don’t believe everything google says. The guy sitting right behind Terry ended up with a ball that my favorite Mariner player fouled back! Oh, how I wanted that ball!

I settled for a ballpark hotdog and a lemonade. Not quite the same.

The Brewers won the game, and we hung out for a while waiting for the traffic to settle down as it was rush hour at that point.

The photo above was the only one I took that day. Don’t worry, Terry took a few more which he will share with you on Instagram!

The next few days we mostly relaxed and explored one really cool place we already want to revisit. Check it out in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lesson Learned September 8, 2026 When Terry and I plan our trips, we usually have a few places we definitely intend on seeing. For exa...