Sunday, August 30, 2026


 

A Day of Rest

August 26, 2026

Even though Day 10 was a Wednesday, we used it as a day of rest. Since we didn’t have far to drive to our next overnight, one of our absolute favorite locations—Door County, Wisconsin, we decided to have breakfast there.

We headed to Scaturo’s in Sturgeon Bay and had the big room in the back almost to ourselves. It was nice and quiet! We ordered electronically from our table, and the food was promptly delivered. . . I had the delicious quiche with a side of fruit while Terry enjoyed a huge plate of biscuits with gravy, eggs, bacon, and hash browns. Then we visited the bakery side of the establishment, and I grabbed a huge piece of cherry pie (which I had been craving since we visited Door County LAST month!).

Our bellies full, we then checked in with our favorite Harvest Host Selina at Bay Marine, just up the street. It almost felt like coming home to be back at that wonderful location!

It was a bit too cool this time to get into the pool, so we did our laundry and took a delightful nap.

We then walked up the street to Kitty O’Reilly’s Irish Pub for dinner.

After a wonderful night’s sleep, it was time for another adventure! You’ll never guess where we went the next day, but I’ll give you a hint: we didn’t wear Cardinal Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lesson Learned September 8, 2026 When Terry and I plan our trips, we usually have a few places we definitely intend on seeing. For exa...