Saturday, August 15, 2026




 

Here We Go Again

August 13, 2026

Weather geek that I am, last week I noticed there was another heat wave headed our way. I asked Terry if he was ready to hit the road again. He replied, “Let’s do it!”

But we’ll have to wait a day to leave as there are storms headed toward our first night’s stay, I told him.

“That’s fine, let’s do it!”

And so, we did.

We packed some food, drinks, clean clothes and I packed a couple new to me books and we headed north again. This time towards Pure Michigan.

It was a hot travel day with the temperature peaking at 95 outside Chicago. I got a little anxious wondering if it was going to get cool enough in the van to sleep that night. And the forecast was calling for storms in the night which I had thought we were going to miss.

But by the time we arrived at our Harvest Host in Michigan City, Indiana, the temperature had cooled to 83. We had a lovely dinner at our Host site, The Brewery Lodge & Supper Club and then took a walk around the property before tucking in for the night.

Around midnight it started storming with heavy rain and intense lightning. But we felt fairly protected tucked into the trees surrounding the parking lot.

We awoke the next morning to a small lake next to the van but that was nothing compared to the 2” hail and tornados that had occurred nearby. God was certainly looking out for us.

Stay tuned to find out what happened when we arrived in Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lesson Learned September 8, 2026 When Terry and I plan our trips, we usually have a few places we definitely intend on seeing. For exa...