Saturday, August 15, 2026






Another Amazing Island

August 15, 2026

The third day of our latest trek started slowly. Terry made coffee for himself while I had green tea and oatmeal. We sat beside the lake, and I tearfully finished my first book. Yes, even though it had a good ending, I was sorry to see the story end.

But our story for the day was just beginning!

We flew (Terry drives fast!) to HOLLAND! Holland, Michigan, that is.

Our first destination was a fabulous lunch at Salt & Pepper Savory Grill where Terry chose the You Gouda Be Kidding Me burger and I had the Naughty Prime Rib Dip. Terry’s choice even came with a JalapeƱo on a Steeck!

Then we spent the next several hours thoroughly enjoying 36-acre Windmill Island Gardens! Although we were a few months late for the well-known tulip bloom, the rest of the flowers were blooming in all their glory! Some of them were even taller than Terry!

After a very informative video at the entrance which detailed the history of the island and the iconic windmill, we were amazed at every turn. From the Four Column hand-crafted Dutch Street Organ to the Dutch Carousel to the Amstel Drawbridge, the island just kept impressing us!

The flowers were so very colorful and well taken care of. I kept thinking as we walked among them how my mom would have loved to have seen them.

My only disappointment for the day (besides the fact that we had to leave the flowers) was that only children could ride the Carousel. Not fair!

It was such a wonderful day!

But even more adventure awaited the following day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lesson Learned September 8, 2026 When Terry and I plan our trips, we usually have a few places we definitely intend on seeing. For exa...