Sunday, August 2, 2026





Breathtaking View

August 2, 2026

The third day of our trip, we slept in. . . till 7am! Surrounded by dense woods inside Peninsula State Park, our campsite was quiet and peaceful all night long.

We woke up hungry and rejuvenated, ready to explore new territory.

On the way out of the campground, we encountered the amazing 60-foot-tall Eagle Tower. It doesn’t sound that tall but situated on Eagle Bluff, this observation tower sits 253 feet above Green Bay. And the views are absolutely breathtaking!

The 100 steps to the top were not too difficult, I only had to stop once to catch my breath. There was another couple who were doing a “fitness challenge”. I lost track of how many times they went up and down the stairs. Seeing them burn so many calories reminded us of how hungry we were!

So, we quickly checked our messages since we had full cell service at that height and walked down the 850-foot accessible ramp back to the van. We drove up the road to the village of Ephraim and enjoyed a huge, delicious breakfast at the historic Old Post Office Restaurant.

After a quick walk on the pier across the street, we hunkered down in the van for an hour while a storm passed over. We explored Sister Bay to the north for a bit and then headed back towards the campground.

But then we took a turn down a rough gravel road and came upon Pebble Beach. I felt like I was in heaven!! Instead of a sand beach, this was a beach of smooth, rounded limestone pebbles! At first, they all appeared white, but the colors were beautifully muted.

I could have stayed all day touching and admiring each and every rock. And I really wanted to take one home with me. But the sign said there is a $300 fine for doing so. So, I stacked and photographed them.

We went “home” and had another lovely night’s sleep in the cool woods of Wisconsin.

Which was good because the next day was jam packed with adventure! More on that tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lesson Learned September 8, 2026 When Terry and I plan our trips, we usually have a few places we definitely intend on seeing. For exa...