Tuesday, June 9, 2026


 I Do Belong

June 9, 2026

Being the hard-core introvert that I am, it is difficult for me to feel entirely comfortable when I am surrounded by a group of people. Even people that I know. Sometimes even people who are friendly towards me.

I know my quietness can sometimes be misunderstood. And when I hide behind others, it may appear that I have nothing to say. One may interpret my actions to mean any number of negative things. . . that I don’t care, that I’m bored, or that I’m being aloof.

In reality, I’m just truly struggling inside. To find my voice. To put myself out there.

I’m not sure if this is just how God created me or if it comes from events that happened in my early childhood. And the cause doesn’t really matter at this point in my life.

What matters, I’ve come to realize, is what do I do about it.

And that is the difficult part.

Because I can’t change how I feel.

And it doesn’t work to try to smother my anxiousness. . . to pretend that I’m okay when I’m not.

All I can really do is remember who I am. And fully be the person God created me to be.

1 Peter 2:9, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”

Ephesians 2:10, “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

God gave me an outlet for my voice—my writings.

May He use them for His Glory.

And I pray that the individuals who take the time to get to know the person I truly am find that I am worthy of their effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  This morning's gathering. . . Terry likes to pick up the "perfect" ones. I prefer any that have a different color or textur...